As of 2021, some of the top cryptocurrencies by market capitalization include:
- Bitcoin (BTC) – the first and most well-known cryptocurrency, created in 2009.
- Ethereum (ETH) – a cryptocurrency that features smart contracts and decentralized applications.
- Binance Coin (BNB) – the native token of the Binance exchange, used to facilitate transactions on the platform.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) – a cryptocurrency that was created as a joke, but has gained a significant following online.
- Cardano (ADA) – a cryptocurrency that uses a proof-of-stake consensus algorithm to secure its blockchain.
- XRP (XRP) – a cryptocurrency that is used to facilitate cross-border payments and is issued by the company Ripple.
- Polkadot (DOT) – a cryptocurrency that enables interoperability between different blockchain networks.
- Uniswap (UNI) – a cryptocurrency that is used to facilitate transactions on the Uniswap decentralized exchange.
- Chainlink (LINK) – a cryptocurrency that powers the Chainlink decentralized oracle network.
- Litecoin (LTC) – a cryptocurrency that was created as a faster and more lightweight version of Bitcoin.
This list is not exhaustive and there are many other cryptocurrencies in addition to these. The cryptocurrency market is highly volatile and the value of these digital assets can fluctuate significantly over time.